Grow your business and take it to the next level at LiONS LAIR 2022!
With networking events and workshops, receive training to help you strengthen your pitch skills and fine tune your presentation for the big stage!
WHY SHOULD I APPLY?
- Receive one-on-one mentorship from leading business experts
- Develop a solid investor pitch and receive investor readiness training
- Establish valuable connections in the business and innovation community
- Promote your business and receive a professional video package of your pitch
- AND….pitch and compete for your chance to win BIG cash prizes!
YOU SHOULD APPLY IF YOUR BUSINESS:
- Is past prof of concept
- Is in start-up to SME stages of business
- Is an innovative and scalable technology
- Falls within one of the following sectors: Life science, ICT, advanced manufacturing, smart transportation, cleantech and social innovation
- Is ready to engage with our training sessions and expert mentors
- Is able to participate and engage with us at our Hamilton office
Not sure if you should apply? Don’t count yourself out just yet! Get in touch, if you have any questions by emailing [email protected]
HOW TO APPLY:
STEP 1: Make sure this competition is right for you! Please read the competition Terms and Conditions
STEP 2: Record a 5-minute max video of yourself answering these Application Questions
- You DO NOT need to have slides, but we do want to get to know you and your business, so give your answers some thought before you hit record
- You DO have to be on camera! Keep scrolling for some tips on submitting a strong video application and check out FAQ to get ready to apply!
STEP 3: Please complete the Application Form and include a link to your video recording
TIPS & FAQ
What Are Your Expectations For the Video?
- Don’t panic – you do not need a presentation deck, but we would love to see your product. Feel free to show a demo or picture!
- You may simply record yourself, and answer each of the application questions, just as if someone was actually interviewing your company for the competition
- We must be able to see you speaking in the recording. So make sure that camera is on!
- Now remember, this recording can not be more than 5 minutes.
How Do I Record my Video?
- If you are not sure how to record yourself or a presentation, you can look up free resources to do so. For example the video conference platform, Zoom lets you create a free account, open a video meeting, share your camera and slides if you have any and has the ability to record.
Do I Have to Participate in Every Session and Event?
- YES! Attendance whether virtual or in-person, is mandatory
- LiONS LAIR events and training sessions are planning to take place In-Person unless otherwise stated
- The Organizers reserve the right to change the delivery format of the sessions (virtual/in-person) based on the recommendations from the Ontario Ministry of Health
What is the General Time Commitment?
- Approximately 30 hours from June to the end of September
- Includes the events, training, coaching sessions and the LiONS LAIR Pitch Tournament
- Does not include time spent on preparing and practicing pitch presentations
How Can My Application Impress the Judges?
To submit a strong application, you need to be able to help the judges understand:
- that your innovation is solving a real problem;
- that your solution is viable (past-proof of concept);
- that there is a market and your customers would be willing to pay for your solution;
- that your business is scalable (you can do this by describing your business model and go-to-market plans);
- that you have a team, or at least understand who you need to add to your team to be successful;
- what your intellectual property plans are and;
- and how much funding your need to raise and why.
Thank you for applying and good luck!